Dr. Lore Colaert
Dr. Lore ColaertResearcher
Leuvenseweg 86 - 1000 Brussels
T +32 (0)2 552 4596 | F +32 (0)2 552 4408
Lore Colaert (°1985) studied history at Ghent University and the University of Groningen. She concentrated on how societies deal with a violent past. In March 2015 she received a doctor’s degree in History at Ghent University with a dissertation about politics of memory in Spain. For this study she conducted fieldwork in exhumations of mass graves of the Spanish Civil War. She translated her research in academic publications, public lectures, documentaries, and contributions in various media. Since October 2015 she works as a researcher at the Flemish Peace Institute. Within the programme ‘dealing with conflict & violence in society’ she focuses on radicalization.
Connect on Academia.edu
Connect on LinkedIn
Connect on Twitter
- L. Colaert (2016), ’Excavating a hidden past:’ The forensic turn in Spain’s collective memory’, in M. T. Starzmann and J. R. Roby, Excavating memory: Material Culture Approaches to Sites of Remembering and Forgetting, Gainesville: University Press of Florida.
- L. Colaert (2015), ‘History from the Grave: Politics of Memory in Exhumations of Mass Graves from the Spanish Civil War, Gent: Universiteit Gent, doctoraatsproefschrift, 307 p.
- B. Bevernage, B & L. Colaert (2014), ‘History from the grave? Politics of time in Spanish mass grave exhumations’, in Memory Studies, vol. 7, nr. 4, p.440-456.
- L. Colaert (2013), ‘‘Not just bones’: A cultural and political history of mass grave exhumations in Spain’, In D. Callebaut e.a. (red.), EAC Occasional Paper 7: Heritage Reinvents Europe, 97-102.
- K. Aerts, B. Bevernage & L. Colaert (2012), ‘Ieder zijn verhaal,’ De Standaard, 5 april, p.20-21.