Peace education is a transformative and intrinsically political pedagogical approach that is determined by a given context, aimed at peace culture and active responsibility. The Peace Institute examines what peace education exactly entails and how it is implemented in practice, among others in our educational system.
This project seeks insights into peace education in general and in particular how it is carried out in Flanders. The research investigates what the concept of peace education does or can entail and which implementations, characteristics and categorisations are attributed to peace education.
Based on the definition of peace education a sample has been drawn up of recent peace education initiatives in the educational world. Next to this the existing offer in terms of peace educational initiatives in Flanders has also been mapped.
- Armistice Day Lecture by Jan Terlouw download (pdf)
- Can peace be taught? - Researching the effectiveness of peace education download (pdf)
- On positive and negative peace download (pdf)
- Remembrance education in Flanders download (pdf)
- A Report on Micro and Macro Peace download (pdf)